2012 WR Head Light Eliminator Plate

4 replies to this topic
  • stewart_frank

Posted June 25, 2013 - 05:12 AM

[size="3"][color="#000000"][font="Calibri"]Ok I’m no tin binder but I had a piece of sheet metal laying around and some time on my hands and decided to try to make a head light eliminator for my 12 WR 450 and this is what I came up with. I started by tracing the head light hole out with all the curves on a piece of hard paper and then cut the pattern out. I then traced the pattern out to my piece of sheet metal and cut it out. I added some mounting tabs to my pattern so I could bolt it to where the head light bolted to. After I cut the metal out I just played with bending the metal to fit the bends in the head light shell. After about 3 hrs and 6 to 8 beers I got it looking pretty good. I got a friend of mine to power coat it for me. I’ve attached the pattern I made you should be able to print it out and cut it out and it should be the right size. This is by far not a direct fit you’ll have to play with it to get it right. It’s just a starting point made by a guy with too much time on his hands and a few beers to drinks. LOL! For some reason the site won't let me down load the PDF of the pattern so if you want it PM me and I'll email it to you. [/font][/color][/size]

[size="3"][color="#000000"][font="Calibri"]Stewart [/font][/color][/size]

Attached Thumbnails

• Head Light Blank.jpg

• Corkster

Posted June 25, 2013 - 10:38 PM

Looks great, PM sent :goofy:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • GreenHornet450

Posted June 26, 2013 - 12:02 PM

Looks Good !! Next time try doing it after 12-18 Beers.....lol....

• tomerb

Posted June 27, 2013 - 05:00 PM

Do you want to sell the head light?

• stewart_frank

Posted June 28, 2013 - 02:55 AM

No, I will use it when I dual sport. I just wanted to take it out when trail riding. I've had two many times on other bikes when my so called buddy's have roosted me and broke out the light. LOL.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.