Fuel screw tools....

12 replies to this topic
  • motousa

Posted December 03, 2001 - 05:38 PM

Hey guys! Just wanted to know who has the best tool to adjust this damn thing!?! We all know how hard it is to get to, and i have read bits and pieces about the a few out there, but a compiled list of information would be a GREAT help!
Thank You!

• motoman393

Posted December 03, 2001 - 05:54 PM

I dont know if mine is the best...but it was under $3 and it works great (stays attached to the carb for ease of adjustment)! Check it out at http://mx393.tripod.com/fuelscrew.html It took me about an hour to do the mod, but now I could do it in 15mins (real easy to do)! i just couldn't see paying $20 on a "specialized" tool that is cheap to make (but hey if you feel comfortable buying one then do it). But thats just the way I am, I would rather make it than buy it (Man all I want for Christmas is a machine shop :) ) Later,

Garrett

[ December 03, 2001: Message edited by: motoman393 ]

• RichB

Posted December 04, 2001 - 03:56 PM

I'm trying the mod tonight. I had to pay $2.99 for my brake line at Autozone though. Garrett, you must get a discount at your local zone.

Going to the track tomorrow night, will see how it goes.

• motoman393

Posted December 04, 2001 - 04:44 PM

LOL I just looked at the receipt from Auto Zone and it was $2.49! Better watch out $3 and an hour of time might "break the bank" :) In the long run this mod will be worth it! Let us know how it goes! Later,

Garrett

• motousa

Posted December 05, 2001 - 09:39 AM

Thanks Garrett, I will most likely go with your one, looks sweet. Your site is great by the way! Are you going to do any of the 4-Stroke nationals this next year? The final is in Texas, and i'll be there I think....maybe i'll see you..

Good luck with the machine shop!

• POKEY

Posted December 05, 2001 - 10:51 PM

Hey Motousa this is off the subject but I was wondering if you have tried the BK mod on your bike? I live in Denver also and was wondering if it is as effective here as it is at sea level? I think I am going to try it this weekend on the bike.

On the full screw, I just bought the dam tool---Argh!!!! It looks like I could have saved some money if I would have done what Motoman did. I think I will try it too.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • RichB

Posted December 05, 2001 - 04:33 PM

Darn track isn't open for practice tonight :) will have to wait till this weekend to try it.

Thank again garrett, it came out exactly like yours.

• motoman393

Posted December 05, 2001 - 04:50 PM

Thats cool...it was real easy wasn't it? Later,

Garrett

• motousa

Posted December 11, 2001 - 11:21 PM

Originally posted by POKEY:
[QB]Hey Motousa this is off the subject but I was wondering if you have tried the BK mod on your bike? I live in Denver also and was wondering if it is as effective here as it is at sea level? I think I am going to try it this weekend on the bike.
QB]

Hey there, haven't had the chance to try it yet, but I would be interested with what you found out....

• JBM

Posted December 12, 2001 - 06:16 AM

I have the Motion Pro FCR Carb Tool. It works excellent and you can also use it to remove the main jet and the allen screws that hold the carb together. See it here http://www.motionpro...onvtools_2.html

• POKEY

Posted December 12, 2001 - 06:38 AM

Motousa, Much to my dismay I was unable to do the BK mod this last weekend------man I hate X-mas shoping with the wife.

I have this coming weekend open and plan on doing the mod and I think I will do garrets fuel screw mod at the same time.

I will let you know how it works.

Ps: Garret your website is excellent on helping on doing the mod's. Keep up the good work :)

• MAD_POTTER

Posted December 12, 2001 - 11:21 AM

POKEY,
Do the mod!!!!
I live in Denver and could not believe how much this helped the low end and midrange on my bike. It also seems to have made it easier to start.
I put in a 45 pilot jet at the same time and adjusted the fuel screw to eliminate the decel popping. I plan on trying some other settings with the main and needle but it runs so good now I have left it alone.
DO IT, you won't be sorry!

KC

• motoman393

Posted December 12, 2001 - 04:28 PM

Pokey,

Thanks for the compliment! Let me know if you have any questions or anything you want me to put on my site! Later,

Garrett

Related Content

Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies
Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies
Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies
Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.