Taffy are you out there?

1 reply to this topic
  • Darren_Santilli

Posted April 26, 2001 - 03:09 PM

Hi taffy...

thought you might be able to help me...

I'm thinking of building a streetfighter out of some fireblade parts left over from a crash that a friend of mine had.

Do you know of a frame builder that can build me a trellis frame (like the harris magnum 5), or do you think I'd be better off getting the original frame straightened?

Also I'd like to changthe front end setup to USD forks (purely cosmetic). What do you think would be the best donor i.e. GSXR750WV etc...

Cheers

Darren

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Taffy

Posted April 27, 2001 - 12:13 AM

darren

my opinion on this is no better than anyone else's & at the end of the day you are the one that has to be happy with your bike.

i would say from experience that unless you have a fully fitted workshop & a load of mates to help you i would find the task of rebuilding the bike around the original main gear to be enough. in other words keep the core of the bike the same & play with the ancillaries.

i know that a guy called andy siddelow does trellis frames & he lives just a few miles from me hear at St Ives CAMBS (not cornwall). if you want to try & have a chat, the man to talk to is Nigel Verity who runs a bike shop in St Ives named 'A & D Verity'. he'll give you a Tel No.

good luck

Taffy

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.