motor or tranny down 04 yz450

1 reply to this topic
  • gomerkfx700

Posted June 23, 2013 - 05:39 PM

welp went for a ride last weekend and had some trouble shifting i thought it may be the 20-50 oil i was running. it only seemed to be when downshifting if you was in 4th i had to stop to get it to downshift back to 1st. today went for a ride with friends bike was doing great didnt have any problem shifting all day after i changed the oil to 15-40. welp we was on a pretty tight muddy trail full of up rooted trees from a winter storm the bike wasnt hot had only been running for about 5 min since a long break and bs session with friends. i stalled out over a big tree root in a tight curve didnt drop the bike just duck walked it on out. fired up first kick went to pull out thud no go just a muffled crunch and when i tried to start it back its tight cranking and gritty felling threw the kicker. it was hitting but the tightness is enough to keep you from getting a good kick. any input on what you guys think it could be. ive not tore it down got to many projects as of now to have another pile of parts on the bench.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • gomerkfx700

Posted June 25, 2013 - 08:28 AM

No one have any input I cheeked the clutch hoping to find a broke plate or basket no luck there. Also looked for a sheared flywheel key no luck there either. Guess after I get this banshee together its time to clutter up the bench again.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.