Broken Headlight Replacement?

10 replies to this topic
  • galant2nr

Posted December 14, 2003 - 02:29 PM

Ok, So I made the mistake of letting a friend on a Raptor get in front of me on a gravel road and he broke out my headlight with a rock. What is my best (read cheapest) course of action to it replaced? I like the look of the Acerbis lights but can I just replace the lens on my OEM light? What kind of price difference am I looking at? My local Yamy dealer are theives so I would rather not go through them.
Thanks for your help.

• PBDBLUE

Posted December 14, 2003 - 03:06 PM

Stock replacement is about $105 at Powersportspro.com. How about Ebay or the TT Parts for Sale forum?

• Math

Posted December 14, 2003 - 07:30 PM

I'll try to post pictures of my homemaid front light guard. I really needed such a thing because my friend his riding a BRP with a 140 S12.... It takes you minutes to fabric and install and saves big monney.

• tvawr450

Posted December 15, 2003 - 05:23 PM

I just installed the acerbis diamond headlight assembly.The price for just the light was 107.00 can. up here from yamaha and I bought the complete acerbis unit for 119.00.The acerbis has two flood lights and one pencil beam.It works really good and looks great too!! :) :D

Todd

• cmore

Posted December 16, 2003 - 01:56 PM

I smashed mine about a year ago, I replaced with acerbis DHH style ( side by side), 90$ wire one light hot all time. the other is wired to the oem light switch. works for me in the dark. :)

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Rattler88

Posted December 17, 2003 - 04:09 PM

I just removed mine,so if you want one let me know it's
in new condition,works,and has no scratches.
I have Quad for night rides.

Jerry :) :D :D

• ETP

Posted December 17, 2003 - 06:52 PM

I heard that an aftermarket truck fog light metal guard can mount right over the stock light to protect it. Should cost about 5 bucks. Anyone tried this yet?

• spizz5

Posted December 17, 2003 - 07:36 PM

I broke mine this summer and yamaha does not sell the lens only. youy have to buy the entire headlight assembly at $96

• Eagle426

Posted December 18, 2003 - 02:00 PM

Go to AUTOZONE and look in the driving lights section. They sell a replacement "lens" that is almost exactly the same size. If my memory serves me correctly, it was is made by BLAZER and comes in a pinkish/purple box. The heighth of the lens is the same, but the width is about 1/8 inch short. Buy the lense for $3.99 and a tube of clear windshield adhesive for $1.99 and you are set to go. The hardest part is getting the old lens out and all the factory glue/ glass particles cleaned up. There is a metal ring that surrounds the seam, just bend the tabs out of the way, remove it, and scrape/ pick the surface clean. Honestly, you cannot even tell it is not OEM! It is not all that much work, but it is a hell of a lot cheaper than $100 for a new assembly! :)

• galant2nr

Posted December 19, 2003 - 10:20 AM

Thanks Eagle, I will look into that. I plan to spend my $100 on a 450 cam, not a headlight.

• jim-in-so-ore

Posted December 24, 2003 - 07:18 AM

Right now Dec. 24 @7:15 am there is a stock headlight on ebay and last bid was $31.00
Jim

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.