Inner hub woes!

No replies to this topic
  • Shawn_Mc

Posted December 03, 2001 - 08:33 AM

I was fixing the stripped allen screw on the oil filter cover and found the inner hub flopping around like a fish out of water. I pulled the clutch pack and found the lock washer semi intact, with one of the ears that bends "in" lodged into the pressure plate. My question is this: Does the inner hub have a splined steel insert in it? I havent removed it yet, (no 30mm socket, and christmas light issues). Id like to be able to buy my parts and fix it in one fell swoop, if I knew what was damaged. It seems that the retaining nut is still tight, yet the washer is flopping around, this in itself make me a tad nervous. Wish me luck :)

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.