Drop height

1 reply to this topic
  • allterra

Posted June 22, 2013 - 12:45 AM

Just for sake of mind what height should the 07 wr be able to handle on a ledge drop ----____ to flat ground prior to bottoming out. Let's assume it is set up for general trail. I do turn up the compression damper a lot when I know we are riding the ledges.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Krannie McKranface

Posted June 22, 2013 - 04:19 AM

If everything were brand new, 185lb rider, I'd say 6'.
But the question doesn't take into account so many other variables, it's kind of pointless?
The fact that the stock oil is so poor, it would not take long before it no longer works at all....like 20 hours.
If the shock is set up correctly, you should not have to re-adjust it for different terrain types.
The High Speed compression adjuster is more important here than the low-speed compression adjuster.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.