engine loud after oil change

3 replies to this topic
  • BLKWDW

Posted June 21, 2013 - 07:56 PM

i've done my 1st oil change on my 09 yz450. after starting it up and running it for a couple of minutes the engine sounds alot louder then it did before. u can really notice the ticking of the engine. is this normal after an oil change. when turning it of the engine oil was still cold. i prob should have filled up some oil in the new filter as well. So is there sumfin wrong or is it normal?

• grayracer513

Posted June 21, 2013 - 08:05 PM

Does it have an aftermarket skid plate?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • BLKWDW

Posted June 21, 2013 - 08:14 PM

Dont think so no. Just a thin metal plate under the engine

Edited by BLKWDW, June 21, 2013 - 08:14 PM.

• jwleonard

Posted June 25, 2013 - 03:12 AM

If all you did was change the oil I would make sure you are getting oil circulation before anything else. I don't know for sure about the 450's but on the 400 there is a bolt you can loosen with the engine operating to make sure you are getting oil pressure & flow. You may want to look into this to see if it is possible on your bike.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.