Stormin' Norman Clutch Mod??

3 replies to this topic
  • YZ_Abuser

Posted December 03, 2001 - 03:37 AM

I saw a post mentioning something about this mod. Can anyone tell me all about it? My 99 YZ is down for a major overhaul and I'd like to do this mod.

TIA

• thumpy

Posted December 03, 2001 - 10:46 PM

Ya,

I saw the article in the March issue of "Dirt Bike". It looks like a slick deal and I'll be switching to one this year (Feb. or March). As mentioned in the other thread, you can send your basket to them for machining and clips for $110.00 or you can have them send you a brand new billet basket with clips for $135.00. They can be reached at 724-722-3630, or Stormin Norman Racing, RR#2, P.O. Box 471, Ruffsdale, PA 15679.

If you get one, let us know how it works out!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • YZ_Abuser

Posted December 03, 2001 - 01:15 PM

Thumpy

Thanks for the info! Do you know if they have a website?

I'm not sure if it's worth having mine done when a new billet basket is only $25 more and you have more time and shipping involved. What do you think?

I haven't pulled my bike down that far yet, but I'm preparing for the worst. :) I did notice a little creep last time I rode it so I thoght the basket might be getting worn.

• thumpy

Posted December 03, 2001 - 02:50 PM

As far as I know they don't have a website.

I agree, if you've got creep, you probably need a new basket and I'd go with the billet basket ready to go!

Good luck...

Related Content

Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies
Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.