spark plugs?

3 replies to this topic
  • zaxcar1

Posted June 20, 2013 - 05:32 PM

so i am going to put a new plug in the 426. what plug are you guys using? and how about the E3 spark plug? i see them on all the car shows, and wanted to know what you guys think? I had used split fires back in the day in a old snow mobile and it olny seemed to help on very cold starting.

• grayracer513

Posted June 21, 2013 - 06:06 AM

That's all it would be able to help, no matter what was promised.

The best plug you can get at realistic prices, one that will actually start the bike reliably and may run for a year or more is the NGK CR8EIX iridium.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • zaxcar1

Posted June 21, 2013 - 02:40 PM

yea i was thinking about useing that one thanks

• Yzflier977

Posted June 21, 2013 - 03:30 PM

My personal thoughts on the E3 is they suck. Put a set in my 2010 GMC Sierra around 80K miles and after about 10,000 miles my truck developed a miss. Ended up taking it back to the dealership to get diagnosed and they found a crack in the ceramic on one of the plugs that was grounding out causing the misfire. To my knowledge nothing hit or in any other way damaged the plug to cause the crack and it didn't happen on installation because I drove 10,000 miles before the problem developed. In that time I didn't notice any performance enhancement or better fuel mileage. I now go with AC Delco (OEM) plugs. In my opinion you can't go wrong with stock OEM.

Related Content

Help with 2000 yz426 by weekend woods racer

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  36 replies

Is the 2016 GYTR Yamaha YZ450F too fast? by Fryboy

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • * - - - -
  • Hot  241 replies
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

• 0 replies

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies

yz400f throttle bog by yz400fmaniac

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  28 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.