Yamaha 2012 450 yz

6 replies to this topic
  • Yamaha807

Posted June 19, 2013 - 08:38 PM

Just want to know if anyone knows if a 50 tooth sprocket will work wit the stock chain, stock sprocket is a 48 ??????

• XxXyz125XxX

Posted June 19, 2013 - 08:52 PM

Depends how far back you have the chain adjusters on your swing arm.

• grayracer513

Posted June 20, 2013 - 06:47 AM

The 50 will add 5/8" to the circumference of the sprocket. Since the chain runs over roughly half of that, that means there is 5/16" more chain contact. Since this is divided between the upper and lower runs of chain, that means the axle will need to move forward 5/32", or about 4mm.

I don't see a problem, do you?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • luvnoldcars

Posted June 20, 2013 - 04:04 PM

Just want to know if anyone knows if a 50 tooth sprocket will work wit the stock chain, stock sprocket is a 48 ??????

yes it will

• Yamaha807

Posted June 20, 2013 - 04:20 PM

Thanks everybody for the help I got one other question everybody talks about reprogramming the YZ 2012 450 is plus or minus what you guys think I want to mellowed out for more Trail riding I'm just trying to get some feedback before I go purchase one if that's what's going to take

• zeuszuki

Posted June 20, 2013 - 08:48 PM

Thanks everybody for the help I got one other question everybody talks about reprogramming the YZ 2012 450 is plus or minus what you guys think I want to mellowed out for more Trail riding I'm just trying to get some feedback before I go purchase one if that's what's going to take

I run the woods map in my 2011, definitely helps. I also turned up the idle just a fraction. Even with this map you still have to ride the thing on the throttle, not surprising really considering it is a YZ. I like to ride like that anyway so no problems. If you wanted a civilised woods/trail bike the WR would have been ideal.

My gearing 13 x 51 , gives it a bit more snap out of corners.

• Yamaha807

Posted June 20, 2013 - 09:07 PM

Thanks I'm going to work on getting the programmer. Didn't want the wr cuz I do still ride track and I wanted something a lite lighter thanks again for the info any bit will help

Related Content

Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies
Forums
Photo

Chubby dad, looking at bikes , First trip to the orange/black forum ! by Slow_ride

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250-530 EXC/MXC/SXC/XC-W/XCR-W (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  28 replies
Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.