quick question about spark plug

4 replies to this topic
  • Motomike1

Posted June 18, 2013 - 07:02 PM

how do i remove the 'denso' cap on it?
whoops, I could have sworn i was in the WR 400/426/450 forum.
The bike is a WR450F 2009

Posted Image

Edited by Motomike1, June 18, 2013 - 07:06 PM.

• grayracer513

Posted June 18, 2013 - 08:28 PM

That is the ignition coil on the later WR/YZ models. Break the seal by rotating it and pull straight up. It fits onto the threaded tip of the spark plug same as if it had a conventional coil wire. You can "help" it with a screwdriver, but you have to be prudent. It's plastic, and if you crack it, you're out $125 just like that. So if you need to use a tool such as that, be sure you don't put too much pressure on anything, and only straight vertical. Soft jawed spark plug wire pliers are good for this, too, if you have them.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Krannie McKranface

Posted June 18, 2013 - 09:38 PM

Give it a very quick yank straight up, with your hand.

• Motomike1

Posted June 19, 2013 - 06:32 AM

just yanked it, and it came out. (thats what she said) it was really in there. thanks for the help. -mc

• SurfaceToAir

Posted June 19, 2013 - 08:49 AM

I went through the same thing over the weekend. I really thought I was going to break something when I was taking it off.

cheers-
Dustin

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.