4 replies to this topic
  • Marshall1

Posted December 02, 2001 - 02:04 PM

I was rideing last weekend and when I got done I checked all of my spokes and they were lose if anybody has any tips they will help thanks

• sirthumpalot

Posted December 02, 2001 - 02:33 PM

I recently had 2 or 3 loose ones on the front myself, but none on the back were loose. I just tightened them up and check them every ride or so.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • tuck

Posted December 02, 2001 - 02:47 PM

Make sure that when you tighten them you pick a starting point,such as the valve stem.Then tighten the first spoke, skip 2 spokes, then tighten the third spoke. Go through this procedure 3 times and all spokes will be tight and wheel should still be true.Hope this helps. :)

• PK

Posted December 02, 2001 - 09:30 PM

Loose spokes are the norm. These bikes are heavier than 2 strokes so they put more weight on the wheels which in turn causes a cautious owner to keep a good eye on his spokes. Take a look at em' after each ride or two and you'll be fine. Also, if your bike is new, it's automatic that the spokes are gonna loosen up. This is the same with ALL bikes.

• Flyhigh

Posted December 03, 2001 - 09:15 AM

just pinch them two at a time like in the middle of the triangle. go around like this on both sides and you can easily tell if you have any loose. I try to do it after and before each ride because its quick and it beats loosing or breaking a spoke or something worse happening!

Related Content

Chubby dad, looking at bikes , First trip to the orange/black forum ! by Slow_ride

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250-530 EXC/MXC/SXC/XC-W/XCR-W (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  28 replies

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies

Help with 2000 yz426 by weekend woods racer

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  36 replies

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

• 5 replies

100 hrs on 2014 yz450f, shim valves or replace them? by ttr230rider6

• Hot  79 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.