yz426 crank

4 replies to this topic
  • etuke

Posted June 15, 2013 - 08:34 PM

Sold my 426 to a buddy and today he lost the crank,pulled it all apart tonight but can't find anybody who sells replacement cranks.When I had the bike there was no trouble getting a aftermarket crank now none.Anybody know of anybody who still sells replacement cranks for these bikes?We can get the rod and bearings no problem but would rather just install a complete unit.

• jwleonard

Posted June 15, 2013 - 08:50 PM

http://www.motosport...ANKSHAFT-PISTON

Item #1 (includes items 2,3,4,5,6) $364.74

It baffles me that you can get a crank for one of these bikes but I can't get a complete carb rebuild kit for a 400.

It seems like overkill (translate to wasted money) to replace the entire thing though unless you have confirmed damage or wear on all of the individual pieces.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • DC_Excitement

Posted June 16, 2013 - 03:29 AM

People replace everything because by the time the labor is added up is worth just buying the whole crank

• jwleonard

Posted June 16, 2013 - 05:29 AM

OK, it sounded like they were doing the work themselves.

• etuke

Posted June 16, 2013 - 06:05 AM

If I wanted OEM with the high price I would have just gone to the dealer here,I was referring to a hotrods or another aftermarket reasonably priced crankshaft.We are doing the work ourselves but wanted the simplicity of just dropping in a replacement,the other way is sending it to a machine shop to have it pressed which incurs labor and more time(more time being the biggest problem).It seems we only have this option if we want to keep the cost down so its going to sent out next week and hopefully have it finished before our long weekend holiday in 2 weeks.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies
Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies
Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies
Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.