2012+ WR450 Exhaust. GYTR vs FMF

5 replies to this topic
  • Boerboel

Posted June 11, 2013 - 09:27 PM

I went in to buy the GYTR FMF exhaust for my 2012 WR450 today, and since Yamaha is waiting on the next batch before my dealer gets any more in stock, the parts guy suggested I buy the FMF Powercore 4. He said the GYTR and Powercore exhausts are exactly the same and Yamaha just slaps a GYTR sticker on theirs and calls it good. Can anybody confirm or deny this?

• GP1K

Posted June 12, 2013 - 03:36 PM

That is correct. Only the sticker is different.

• JDLowrance

Posted June 12, 2013 - 06:15 PM

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Andrew Puetz

Posted June 12, 2013 - 06:38 PM

My GYTR was back ordered but I only waited a week and a half. Parts guy said same thing. I elected to wait because I like the logo better... but then again I am a bit weird.

• Boerboel

Posted June 12, 2013 - 10:23 PM

Thanks for the replies, looks like I will be getting the FMF if its not in stock when I go back to the dealer.

• 123devinzz1

Posted June 13, 2013 - 01:59 PM

I have a ti gytr 4.1 (hex style) on my 2008. Think is for the newer bikes cause I had to make a new gasket for it to fit my header. my dealer ordered the wrong one (ordered the stainless powerbomb) Knowing the ti 4.1 was a better pipe i kept it and love it!

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.