wr400f edlebrock question

4 replies to this topic
  • mauimax

Posted June 10, 2013 - 09:59 PM

Hi,
Thanks In Advance For Any Advice/Help.

Would Anyone Be Able To Give Me A Link On Where To Get The Edlebrock Carb For My 99 Wr400f? Also A Link For The Needed Throttle Cables? My Bike Mechanic Says Its Gone Be About $300 In Parts To Rebuild Stock Carb And That Seems Steep. I Figure For Not Much moreI May As Well Upgrade To Edlebrock. From What I Have Searched On Here It Seems Like A Good Way To Go But I Cant Seem To Find Info On Exactly What Edlebrock Carb I Need And Where To Get It? Any Advice Would Be Greatly Appreciated. Thanks.

• Krannie McKranface

Posted June 11, 2013 - 06:14 AM

You are better off with an Keihin FCR carb or a Mikuni carb.
The Edlebrock is only good for about 3 years of hard riding, then they disintegrate.
Never buy a used one.
Do a search for 400 carb upgrade

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Do I Care?

Posted June 11, 2013 - 06:49 AM

Hi,
Thanks In Advance For Any Advice/Help.

Would Anyone Be Able To Give Me A Link On Where To Get The Edlebrock Carb For My 99 Wr400f? Also A Link For The Needed Throttle Cables? My Bike Mechanic Says Its Gone Be About $300 In Parts To Rebuild Stock Carb And That Seems Steep. I Figure For Not Much moreI May As Well Upgrade To Edlebrock. From What I Have Searched On Here It Seems Like A Good Way To Go But I Cant Seem To Find Info On Exactly What Edlebrock Carb I Need And Where To Get It? Any Advice Would Be Greatly Appreciated. Thanks.

Hey [size="3"][color="#011a4d"]mauimax[/color][/size],
I had the WR400 FCR gen 1, it is a POS and is hard to get anything right. The float level is too small, it is on a slant, hard to re-jet etc.. What I did was found a FCR Gen 2 carb from a WR426, that is much better. You can also find these on RMZ450, 2000 WR400, 2000 YZ400, YZ426 and more. Or you can use the Gen 3 carb from Yz450's, WR450, etc.

You won't be disappointed :thumbsup:

• mauimax

Posted June 12, 2013 - 09:53 AM

Thanks For Advice.....I Would Srill Be Intrested In Some Links If Anyone Has Any. Also Running A Carb From A Newer Wr Isnt A BAd Idea. $50 To Rebuild As Opposed To $300....

• Do I Care?

Posted June 12, 2013 - 02:12 PM

No problems, just remember that if you use the Gen 2 or Gen 3 you need to block off the pipe from the intake manifold.
Enjoy!

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.