Need quit exhaust for 2003 Yamaha WR450F

22 replies to this topic
  • L. Euler

Posted June 23, 2013 - 02:39 AM

How the hell do you guys remove the allen screws from the muffler end of the pipe to remove the tip? it seems damn near impossible and I think I stripped the one allen bolt. :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :cry:

Ended up stripping out a couple of mine too and had to use new self drillers in new holes. My Q is ancient anyway and wasn't a big deal to use new screws.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • mud_or_dust

Posted June 23, 2013 - 06:27 AM

Drill out the old screws. Replace with self tappers if you can find some big enough. Pop rivits or new holes are options too.

• n16ht5

Posted June 24, 2013 - 07:06 AM

I'd have to go with n16ht5 opinion. Ive read his silencer shoot out thread.he rides enough and would appear he would know how each pipe performs.
I just wouldn't take his opinion on the weight of a WR . He just thinks his WR is a light dirtbike

It's only heavy when you aren't in shape :goofy:

I just like making fun of people who complain about the weight when they should have bought a YZ250 to get their weekend warrior sideways flat brimmed hat hole shots ;)

I've run the FMF Q4 and found the spark arrestor was more of an afterthought (quite restrictive). I had to rejet when I ran the spark arrestor. But then I was not legal on USFS land. And the LEXX with the trail saver is much quieter.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.