I put the White Bros E on my L

4 replies to this topic
  • slip

Posted December 12, 2003 - 02:46 PM

I love it. :D The bike has got some low end balls now. I did a little trail riding today, and the bike just flat out rips. :) Almost lost the ass end a few times. I guess I have to put something a little more aggresive on the back now. The GP-110 doesn't hook up too good in the mud. :D

• michaeln

Posted December 16, 2003 - 07:49 AM

I put one on my L too, along with the WB large diameter header. I have an FCR41 on it too. I was suprised (pleasantly) because the bike picked up power on the low end and midrange as well as on top. I had thought the large diameter header might hurt the low/mid, but it doesn't seem to have.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • TimBrp

Posted December 16, 2003 - 09:27 AM

How loud would you say it is? I'm looking to put an exhaust on my 650r and don't want to be overly loud but soundin' good.

• michaeln

Posted December 16, 2003 - 09:38 AM

How loud would you say it is? I'm looking to put an exhaust on my 650r and don't want to be overly loud but soundin' good.

Depends on how many discs you run.

It's supplied with 12. With 12, it's REALLY LOUD. I went down to 10 and it's still pretty loud, but it seems to have moved the powerband down a bit (less top, more mid & low).

I have heard of folks running as few as 6 discs at which point it is supposedly pretty quiet. As you add discs it gets louder and moves the powerband more toward top end, and as you subtract them it gets quieter and moves the powerband down. Kind of a neat, tunable system.

• slip

Posted December 16, 2003 - 10:30 AM

Depends on how many discs you run.

It's supplied with 12. With 12, it's REALLY LOUD. I went down to 10 and it's still pretty loud, but it seems to have moved the powerband down a bit (less top, more mid & low).

I have heard of folks running as few as 6 discs at which point it is supposedly pretty quiet. As you add discs it gets louder and moves the powerband more toward top end, and as you subtract them it gets quieter and moves the powerband down. Kind of a neat, tunable system.

Yeah it is neat! And it does work. I am running my L with 6 disc and it is not loud at all. I haven't tried it with 12 disc. I like it right where the db level is at now. I definitely feel the difference in the improved low end grunt. I had a pipe on from XR's Only, but it was not tunable and it was pretty loud. It used to drive me crazy after an hour at 65 mph. The build quality of the White Brothers pipe is excellent. :)

Related Content

Reviews

Honda XR650L 2017 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

Wiseco 101MM Spark Knock Low Engine Temps by imandrewparks

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 7 replies
Forums
Photo

XR650L super moto wheels by greggkklee

• Hot  28 replies
Reviews

Honda XR650L 2016 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2016
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

DirttyPig 2005 Xr650l Prroject! by braapmebb1moretime

• 22 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.