Replacment Rims

4 replies to this topic
  • skopiec

Posted December 12, 2003 - 11:44 AM

Just picked up a WR400 and the original rims are looking a bit square. I was planning on relacing them myself, and was looking for suggestions of where to purchase new rims.

Also - Are they pretty much standard, assuming the spoke count and the width are the same? Can I reuse my spokes?

I've done this a bunch of times on bicycle wheels, but this would be my first on a MC.

'98 WR400

• RichBaker

Posted December 12, 2003 - 02:34 PM

Any dealer, or independent shop, should be able to order them. I've re-used spokes with no problem, as long as they're staight and shiny you should be ok...
Rims can be model-specific, so make sure they're for your make/model/year bike.... :)

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • skopiec

Posted December 12, 2003 - 03:16 PM

Hey Rich, thanks for the info. I notice that you're also in Tucson. I'm just getting back into the dirt bike game and really haven't found a favorite shop yet - any feedback?

• RichBaker

Posted December 12, 2003 - 05:26 PM

Eastside shop in town! They've been selling Yamahas for longer than I can remember and I was born here, 45 years ago. The current owners are both ex-Racers, they did Baja several times and are real good people. I've never heard any horror stories about the place, either...
Tell them I sent you, be good brownie points for me :)
So I take it you're in Tucson? We'll have to go for a ride some time, I'll have a few days off in a couple weeks, and I usually do a couple AM rides(before work, 2:30-11PM) during the week, as well.

• Strick

Posted December 13, 2003 - 10:05 PM

ZIPTY racing has INCREDIBLE prices on D.I.D.s.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.