glove recommendation?

11 replies to this topic
  • skthom

Posted November 30, 2001 - 03:08 PM

Hi All,

Anyone have any recommendations for some good *long lasting* gloves?

My last pair were Thor Core 3 and they've lasted about 20 hours. Maybe my palms are too sweaty!

Anyone have a brand/model they think is great?

Thanks!

And no I did not do a search on this topic...sometimes you can just be too lazy for that!

Regards,

Steve

• Guest_Guest_*

Posted November 30, 2001 - 04:22 PM

I too quit using the thor cores, the fingertips split out on my last 2 pairs and one of my buds, the most comfortable gloves I have are the alpine stars smx but the first few times you get them wet the dye from the leather turns your hands black. No fears are pretty good too.

• sirthumpalot

Posted November 30, 2001 - 06:10 PM

I have a set of Oneal gloves that say "elements" on them, I'm guessing that's the model. They were about $20 and seem to be holding up well. Worth the $20 anyway. They did stretch during break in, but just a little bit.

• F-Pilot

Posted November 30, 2001 - 06:17 PM

Fox solo, very comfortable and last almost a season.
http://www.foxracing...gloves/solo.htm

• speedharris

Posted December 01, 2001 - 04:57 AM

SKTHOM
I use the Mechanix M-Pact 2 Kevlar. They are well padded in the knuckle, finger, and the palm, and have lasted me about 50 hrs. so far.
I bought them at PEP-BOYS auto parts store for about $35.00.
I'll buy another pair if these ever wear out
(HA-HA)
I hope this helps
Paul

[ December 01, 2001: Message edited by: speedharris ]

• skthom

Posted December 01, 2001 - 06:57 AM

Thanks for the recommendations...

Time to head to the store!

Steve T

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Guest_Guest_*

Posted December 02, 2001 - 03:34 PM

I have had a pair of MSR gloves for almost 2yrs and they are still pretty good!
they have rubber fingertips that are great for grip.
I would have to say I would buy another pair.
I also had a pair of THORs but they only lasted about a yr and that was stretchin' it!

• Psycho426

Posted December 04, 2001 - 11:25 PM

I have a pair of FOX Pawtector's they seem to be holding up well.

• zx7king

Posted December 05, 2001 - 02:39 AM

I have had sinisalo gloves for a long time. I would say at least 1 1/2 years out of each pair. Great gloves.

-- Charles

• Amador

Posted December 05, 2001 - 06:46 AM

AXO Vector. One look at the features and you'll agree. Check out their site. www.axo.com I think?

• Jekel

Posted December 07, 2001 - 06:26 PM

I have a pair of AXO's at least four years old which WILL NOT wear out or lose their comfort. My THORS are giving out after a year.

• Boit

Posted December 09, 2001 - 08:34 PM

Ditto on the Sinisalo gloves......especially the Tech's. You can get them through Bob's at ridiculously low prices at times. Check out their clearance sale for around $19. These gloves are incredibly durable and don't have the wrist velcro straps. Actually, if you want to consider any other gloves, Bob's has great prices on '01 and '00 gloves. For price reference, I picked up a pair of Sinisalo SCD pants for $69 and these pants normally retail at $149. These are top-of-the-line pants.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies
Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies
Forums
Photo

100 hrs on 2014 yz450f, shim valves or replace them? by ttr230rider6

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  79 replies
Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.