Make your own fuel screw tool

1 reply to this topic
  • MAD_POTTER

Posted November 30, 2001 - 10:58 PM

I made my own tool to adjust the fuel screw. It was cheap and works like a charm. It does'nt stay attached to the fuel screw like the Kouba, it is a separate tool.

Three parts-
A piece of 7/32 O.D. brass tubing 1 1/2" long. (available at hobby shops or model railroad shops)

A "screwdriver bit" made from an 8 penny common box nail. I cut the nail to about 3/16" shorter than the brass tube. I hammered, ground and filed the cut end of the nail to make the "screwdriver bit". Make sure that the "bit" end is a snug fit inside the brass tube, this will insure that it is centered within the tube. Also make sure it is recessed at least 1/16" from the end of the tube when inserted in the tube.

Next I used a 1/4 x 7/16 rod coupling nut (Home Depot) for the handle. This had to be drilled out to 7/32" so it will slide over the brass tube.

So you slide the handle over the tube, the nail "bit" slides into the tube until the head of the nail bottoms out on the handle. I glued mine together with some JB Weld. Marking one side of the handle as a reference point helps when counting turns.
I made a bunch of these for my friends, they all love them. If anyone wants one the price with postage is $8.00. Email me at kconiff@msn.com.

I hope the instructions are clear enough if you want to make your own, I would post pics but I don't have a web site so I'm unable to.

Thanks,
KC

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • motoman393

Posted November 30, 2001 - 12:14 PM

MAD POTTER,

If you email me the pics @ motoman393@hotmail.com I will post them on my site along with the instructions! I am completely redoing my site and I should have it uploaded by the end of this weekend (it will load much quicker that the current one) Later,

Garrett

Related Content

Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies
Forums
Photo

100 hrs on 2014 yz450f, shim valves or replace them? by ttr230rider6

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  79 replies
Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.