GYTR Needle Position - 4000 to 8000 ft

2 replies to this topic
  • RMK800

Posted June 06, 2013 - 06:12 AM

Hi, question about the GYTR needle between 4000 to 8000ft. The instructions say put this on the 4th clip down. I understand that this kit is very rich for jets. I'm wondering for this elevation I should put it on the 3rd clip position if this needle is meant to be rich.

I'm using a 160, 45 pilot, and a 50 leak. I'm pretty happy with these settings, but I kept the stock needle in. I wonder now if I should remove the stock and put in the GYTR. Just wondering about needle position.

Thanks.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • huero

Posted June 06, 2013 - 02:19 PM

This is a great question. I have a buddy with a 2011 and the gytr kit. But it came with a 175 main. That seems too rich fir me even with the gytr needle. We are in idaho and ride about the same elevation.

I hope someone can chime in and help us both.

Huero

• RMK800

Posted June 06, 2013 - 08:12 PM

Another question is, If the stock jetting is lean for lower elevations. Those of us at higher elevations would not get as much benefit from the GYRT needle? I guess am trying to figure out the advantage of this needle compared to stock.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.