whats interchangable yz400 and yz426 motor?

1 reply to this topic
  • bluedevilbullies101

Posted June 05, 2013 - 08:50 PM

Hello all this is my first post in TT! Ive always looked and the foru m but havent got around to signing up till now. I have a prob here I just bought a supposed motor from a guy that was suppose to be a yz426 but long story short I get it and its a yz400 but he swears it has a 426 piston and head on it but obviously 400 crank. Not only that but case was damaged during shipment so now I need to buy a new case and its not what I paid for :/ But it does have a hot cam that I want to put in my 426 to make starting easier can I swap it out?! Better question to ask would be what is not interchangable between years. Another thing how would I tell which carb come with it. It looks identicale to my 426 but no accelerator pump it is there any difference between the 2?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Kawturbo1

Posted June 08, 2013 - 07:44 PM

I just rebuilt my '99 400. I used a 426 top end. Everything from the piston up.All works great. The carb is the same on the two also. The 400/426 carb is a standard FCR and has an accelerator pump. Hope this helps.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.