2013 wr450 purchase?

So I thinking of getting a new bike and really was thinking about the new 2014 YZF but being 39 y/o and loving electric start I figured WR and not YZ. Basically I want the WR for all the good things they are know for but I heard they have tons of starting troubles. Does the 2013 WR still have those troubles?? This will probably be the last bike I buy and just ant to make sure I don't hate it. Thanks

So I thinking of getting a new bike and really was thinking about the new 2014 YZF but being 39 y/o and loving electric start I figured WR and not YZ. Basically I want the WR for all the good things they are know for but I heard they have tons of starting troubles. Does the 2013 WR still have those troubles?? This will probably be the last bike I buy and just ant to make sure I don't hate it. Thanks

Last bike at 39 ???????????????????????????

I just picked up a new 2012, which are the same as the 13's and a few grand cheaper in my case. Ive heard about the starting troubles but have had none myself. De-restricted after break in and at 200 miles im 1 or 2 pushes away from a start in any condition.

About 8 rides on mine (13') and no starting problems. Did notice with the aftermarket pipe etc it started easier than with stock. Since then I have switched back to the stock pipe and every now and then have to hit the starter a couple times for it to turn over but its never not started.

I think the bigger question is where do you plan to ride it? If mostly MX type stuff, you'll probably be happier kicking a YZF. If woods/desert/etc, then the WR would be the likely choice.

FWIW, my 2012 (new to me 3 months ago) starts great cold, not so much hot. It always starts eventually, but takes a while sometimes and is rather annoying. I'm still working on a solution. I think I've kick started it once since buying it.

Last bike at 39 ???????????????????????????

Yeah im recovering from second broken back and the body aint what it used to be so now its enjoy myself and not try to beat every one on the track/woods

• 3 weeks later...

I had troubles starting when it was right from the show room but when i got 100 kms on it and replaced the throttle screw and competition CPU in her she starts every time on the second kick. AWESOME BIKE!!!!