WR450f Enduro?

9 replies to this topic
  • OregonMadness

Posted June 04, 2013 - 08:15 PM

Hey guys, i was wondering if a WR450f would be a good Enduro bike. Im 15 years old and im looking to do some Enduro riding and also some racing.

• miweber929

Posted June 05, 2013 - 04:47 AM

Hey guys, i was wondering if a WR450f would be a good Enduro bike. Im 15 years old and im looking to do some Enduro riding and also some racing.

If you want a 450 sized Enduro bike then yup, what it was designed and built for.

Little heavy compared to the KTM offerings, but more solid.

However, depending on your terrain, riding style and experience, the WR250F will almost certianly be a far better choice. Or depending upon checkbook size an older, regeared 250 2T 'crosser with a flywheel weight may be even cheaper.

Mike

• OregonMadness

Posted June 05, 2013 - 07:08 AM

Thanks, i already have the bike. Im just worried about it being too heavy.

• miweber929

Posted June 05, 2013 - 07:45 AM

Thanks, i already have the bike. Im just worried about it being too heavy.

Little late for that!! :)

It's fine, you'll be fine. What year?

• OregonMadness

Posted June 05, 2013 - 07:46 AM

Im pretty sure its a 2004.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • OregonMadness

Posted June 05, 2013 - 07:57 AM

I really enjoy riding, i try to get out as much as i can, but there are those moments when i cant hold the bike up anymore.

• whatsitmatter

Posted June 05, 2013 - 08:41 AM

I have a 2004 WR 450f too.

Is this your first dirt bike or you have another? Any reason why you went to a 450? It's a fun bike - trying to lift a dirt bike up is hard for anyone(especially the 450s). You have to find the right angle/method for best results.

Depends on type of riding, but yes, these bikes will tire you if going through some gnarley trails. Just keep practicing and you will get better/used to the weight.

• OregonMadness

Posted June 05, 2013 - 09:44 AM

This is my.. I think, 6th bike? I have been riding 2-strokes for a while, so now the 450 is some super fun experience, but i do a lot of trail riding.

• whatsitmatter

Posted June 05, 2013 - 10:02 AM

Oh cool good for you... since you have bike experience then ya, 450 is a great all-around bike.

But it's hard to beat that power to weight ratio that 250 2-strokers deliver. :rolleyes:

• OregonMadness

Posted June 05, 2013 - 05:23 PM

Totally. I really like my WR. I think I'm going to keep it for a while. Thanks for the help(:

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.