Will linkage from a 2006 fit a 2007 yz450f

3 replies to this topic
  • Family Man

Posted June 04, 2013 - 07:27 AM

I recently Purchased a swing arm and linkage off an 06 on ebay for 56 dollars shipped. I was planning on using the swing arm, my chain slidder has wore threw the swing are. But the swing arm has chain wear damage around the pivot. The bearings are like new in the linkage, so Im thinking of using the linkage if possible, looks similar but the numbers/letters are differant on the linkage. The seller said they would refund the original price but I would have to eat return shipping if I send it back.

• grayracer513

Posted June 04, 2013 - 02:37 PM

Those two years are interchangeable.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Family Man

Posted June 04, 2013 - 04:56 PM

Thanks. the only thing that wont interchange than is the chain guide. The swing arms have the same part numbers but the chain guides are differant.

• grayracer513

Posted June 05, 2013 - 07:27 AM

The swing arms have two different part numbers. The '06 is 1C3-22110-50-00, and fits a bunch of different YZ's, but the '07 is 2S2-22110-70-00. That one was built expressly for the YZ450F, and was used on the '08 as well. The swing arms will interchange with earlier or later frames, but as you say, there are things that have to go along with the swap.

But the connecting rod, or link, as it's commonly called, and relay arm are the same parts on all three years.

Related Content

Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies
Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.