superceded

6 replies to this topic
  • MN_Kevin

Posted November 30, 2001 - 06:27 AM

superceded

[ December 04, 2001: Message edited by: NH Kevin ]

• mxcowboy

Posted November 30, 2001 - 06:51 AM

Just go done to your local shop and buy the motion pro fcr carb tool and it works great and was made for the kiehen carb. cheaper than the kouba

http://www.motionpro...onvtools_2.html

• MN_Kevin

Posted November 30, 2001 - 07:30 AM

The neat thing about this Kouba, is that it STAYS on the carb.

Plus, I figured if we can get a good deal, THIS ENTIRE WEBSIGHT benefits! :)

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • mxcowboy

Posted November 30, 2001 - 07:43 AM

True, but how often do you have to adjust the pilot screw?
How well does it stay on?
I would hate to lose a $16.00 tool, I get pissed when i miss place a $3.00 wrench or should i say my wife or kids borrow it

• mikeolichney

Posted November 30, 2001 - 08:54 AM

Originally posted by mxcowboy:
True, but how often do you have to adjust the pilot screw?
How well does it stay on?

I have one on my WR250F and on my YZ426F. I adjust mine all the time, and you can reach down with your gloves on and do it (I ride in temps from 100F to 20F, and alts from 4000ft to 13,000 ft). Only takes a second. And believe me, they are NOT coming off. Its a pretty good interference fit, you tap them on with a light hammer. Well worth it.

The downside is that the adjuster hits the cam chain tensioner when you rotate the carb to get to the needle. You can lift the carb and let the rubber boot deform, but its not clean.

• MN_Kevin

Posted November 30, 2001 - 07:49 PM

Here you go guys!
I will need a DEFINATIVE amount of folks who want these things. I will REQUIRE payment in ADVANCE.

For postage, I will have a one price fits all. I cannot go through the hassle of, "Let's see, this one pays shipping to CA, this one pays shipping to MD, this one to pays shipping to Switzerland (Hey Missle!!)", etc. I DO NOT plan on making a profit, I do not plan on screwing anyone over. It will be a one price fits all. And no, I do not plan on putting a down payment, based on profits, on my CRF250 Honda. That just ain't me!

Here is what Mr. Kouba has to say:

Kevin,
As you are probably already aware we sell them at $16.00 ea. including first class mail shipping to anywhere in the US but had to require a $25.00 min order to cover all the packaging and shipping time. So now the majority of our customers just purchase 2 ea. for $32.00 to cover the $25.00 min or they order l ea. with a set of links. I would surely cut you guys a deal on a quantity order if I did not have to ship them individually. Any idea on the amounts? 20-100 pieces would be in the $11.00 range including packaging and installation instructions. I could probably get a couple more bucks off of that on a one time deal for the Thumper Talk folks if I did not have to do the packaging and had an order for over the 100 pieces. Thanks for your inquiry and hope to hear back. Norm
--
Dr. DR
Home of the Kouba Link
http://www.koubalink.com

• BK14MX

Posted December 02, 2001 - 03:22 PM

Kevin,
I'm in for two of them. They are a trick little helper. Send me all the details, BK14MX@mindspring.com

Related Content

Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies
Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies
Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.