Yamaha 426f 2001 accidentaly ran with hot choke pulled out

4 replies to this topic
  • Phattypops

Posted June 03, 2013 - 05:20 PM

Hi i accidentaly rode after fudling with my hotchoke open. Curious to know if i coulda damaged anything due to this. Bought used and just playin safe :) ????? Any advice would b nice tyvm

• Phattypops

Posted June 03, 2013 - 05:23 PM

Oops sorry. Meant "fuelinling up". Not fudling. Sorry.

Phones screen is broke. "FUELING UP" lol.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Thommo_400f

Posted June 03, 2013 - 07:11 PM

The bike would have just ran a bit Hotter / Leaner and probably popped a lot when decelerating.
If it didn't boil the coolant then you should be fine.

• Phattypops

Posted June 04, 2013 - 04:03 PM

Yes yes. Thats exactly it. No no. No boiling. Was jyst hot soundin. But like i had said. No racing. Jyst hit all 5 gears up on a dirt stretch. N stalled when creepin up into a wet ditch w tracks n hit low rp's fer a second. Went to restart n noticed hot choke pulled out. Worried me. Tyvm for all the help guys. Bike seems fine. Plug mighta got upset @ me n pipes got hot n popping when decelratin. :). But starts lika charm like always did. :). No leaks. Oils golden. N coolants there. :). I am HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY!!

• muuurph

Posted June 04, 2013 - 04:57 PM

wawawoohee.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.