Setting 2008 rear shock rebound

2 replies to this topic
  • SurfaceToAir

Posted June 03, 2013 - 04:50 AM

I swapped the stock springs back into the bike. The bike had Heavier Racetech springs before, and the previous owner had the front revalved. I am uncertain if the rear shock was touched aside from the spring..

Anyway, I am trying to figure out how to adjust the rebound on the shock. I didn't find anything in the manual explicitly stating how to adjust it on this shock, and reading the Internet it seems the low speed compression screw is a combination rebound and compression adjuster?

I need to adjust since the bike is kicking out and a little up on jumps this weekend.

The sag is all set, but I am scratching my head on rebound setting. I guess set the compression harder?

Any help is appreciated! I am literally losing sleep over getting the suspension sorted. Trying to wrap my head around how the bike handled and what I need to change next. :)

Edited by SurfaceToAir, June 03, 2013 - 04:51 AM.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Krannie McKranface

Posted June 03, 2013 - 05:11 AM

It's on the bottom/side of the shock on the right side.
Remember, two clicks of the rebound affects compression approx 1/2 a click.

• SurfaceToAir

Posted June 03, 2013 - 08:59 AM

Many thanks sir! I guess I was looking for a different looking adjuster down there. Don't know why I missed that screw! Its obvious now that I know that is it.

I am not sure why the manual doesn't cover this more. They wrote a page on setting the sag, but dont ( that I could find ) really identify location of low speed compression, high speed compression, or rebound screws. Perhaps the assume the reader will supplement the manual with Thumpertalk. :)

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.