knee brace slipping down leg

5 replies to this topic
  • yzernie

Posted 30 November 2001 - 12:44 AM

I really like my Asterisk knee braces but, I am plagued by a problem. They slip down my legs about an inch while riding. This eventually limits movement and I'm sure renders the braces partially ineffective. I have adjusted the straps and the screw adjustments to the top and bottom portions of the braces. I wear the under the brace leggings. Anybody have a solution to the problem??

Thanks in advance, Ernie

• crazyadam

Posted 30 November 2001 - 04:39 AM

I had the same problem. But my solution was just to tighten the top of my boot a few notches. not the best fix, but I'm not sure how else to fix it, other than borrow a garder belt from my girlfriend :) .
Also... I did loosen the upper leg clamp, and use a little more pressure on the laces, which seemed to help keep the brace in the correct location. good luck. let me know if you find a better answer! :D

• yzfguy

Posted 30 November 2001 - 04:43 AM

call Billy Frank at asterisk... i had the same problem and he sent me some differnt leggings...
bingo!! no more slipping!!

• sirhk

Posted 30 November 2001 - 06:29 AM

Dito on Calling Billy, also while talking to him see when he's riding the track again in SoCal. Go ride with him, he's a cool guy and usually the fastest guy on the track. If you want to see someone hauling ass watch him!!!!

• mikeolichney

Posted 30 November 2001 - 09:00 AM

I have large calfs (calves?), oh hell they are cows. They dont slip at all but the chafe me so bad they draw blood, right behind and above my knee joint in the back of my leg, even with the leggings. The fit was better with the CTIs.

• yzernie

Posted 01 December 2001 - 11:18 PM

Thanks all,

I'll give Billy a call and try to work a set of the new (different) leggings. Really like the braces though.

Ernie

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

Register Close
If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.