Headlight Help

3 replies to this topic
  • mightybuck400

Posted November 29, 2001 - 11:38 PM

I need some input on putting a headlight on my 98 YZ 400. Should I go with the E-line stator from Baja Design, or go with the WR stator. I am leaning towards the WR, only because I think the E-line is ugly. Will I be happy with the performance of the WR? Thanks for your help.

• Boit

Posted November 30, 2001 - 10:20 PM

You might try posting this question at the "WR" forum. Those guys deal with issue often.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • chopbroc

Posted December 01, 2001 - 05:46 AM

I have an eline. It works great but is expensive and heavy. I built my own 8" light. Personally, I would go with the WR. Unless you're racing at night, you don't need 2 100watt outputs. Use a Honda XR headlight shroud (about $85) with a glass headlight and 55w bulb (about $25 from Baja Designs and is cheap when you have to replace it). The Honda straps won't fit your forks, they are expensive anyway. Figure out how to mount the plastic shroud. Post an ad looking for a used WR coil, maybe even in Cycle News. You'll find 55w with the glass Honda lens works great at night.

• XyzGuy

Posted December 01, 2001 - 06:27 AM

I put the E-Line on my 2000 426 and was happy with it. Except, it "weeps" oil at the seal. I called Baja Designs and they said "it's an after market thing." . Not satisfied with that, I put some "orange" RTV silicone sealer on the gasket and it seems to work fine. Be advised the E-line unit is also a flywheel weight (about 12 oz. I think). I believe it is 175 watts and the WR is 35. It also comes with a different shift lever. As for looks, it grows on you aft a while!

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies
Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo

Chubby dad, looking at bikes , First trip to the orange/black forum ! by Slow_ride

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250-530 EXC/MXC/SXC/XC-W/XCR-W (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  28 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.