Is the 2013 WR450F worth it?

6 replies to this topic
  • pobenda

Posted May 29, 2013 - 06:11 PM

I've started off with a 2006 wr450f. My friend sold me his 2009 WR450F and the bike felt different. The 2009 felt more balanced than the 2006. So now I have the oppurtunity of purchasing a 2013 WR450F for a good price and can't decide if it's worth my money to get it. Anyone know if the ride and feel is going to be the same for the older wr450'S?

• Krannie McKranface

Posted May 29, 2013 - 08:12 PM

It's smaller, feels lighter, has much much much better suspension, and has the capacity to be much much faster than any 2011 and before WR.
Stock, it's just another jap wide-ratio off road bike that's plugged up, under sprung and under damped.
With the GYTR full kit, it's pretty amazing.

• pobenda

Posted May 29, 2013 - 09:55 PM

So overall it feels like a different, better bike?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • JDLowrance

Posted May 30, 2013 - 01:45 AM

Comming from an 09.....Yep.

Posted May 30, 2013 - 04:00 PM

It's smaller, feels lighter, has much much much better suspension, and has the capacity to be much much faster than any 2011 and before WR.
Stock, it's just another jap wide-ratio off road bike that's plugged up, under sprung and under damped.
With the GYTR full kit, it's pretty amazing.

+1 what he said
It feels smaller and more nimble in the tighter stuff as well the front end is easier to change up lines. Weight is close to the same but it does feel lighter when riding it. The suspension will probably take more of hit in g-outs etc but the older one does have a better higher speed stability to it. If singletrack is your thing, it will be a better bike. If you do fire roads/dual sport stuff, the money spent probably isnt worth it unless you want to get away from having to rejet and the FI catches your eye.

• pobenda

Posted May 30, 2013 - 05:32 PM

Thanks for the feedback. I probably will give in and get it.

• MaxPower

Posted June 02, 2013 - 05:07 AM

You knew you were going to anyway.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.