WR450 idle

4 replies to this topic
  • Valkman

Posted December 11, 2003 - 09:39 AM

All, I have noticed that my bike does not like to idle (cold or hot). What would you recommend to solve this issue. All settings are stock from the factory. Thanks in advance for the info. :)

• Indy_WR450

Posted December 11, 2003 - 02:12 PM

Try the idle screw. Set engine idle to 2300 rpm

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • RichBaker

Posted December 11, 2003 - 04:19 PM

Could be a clogged pilot jet....how long did it sit with gas in the carb?

• Valkman

Posted December 12, 2003 - 09:06 AM

Indy - How do I know where the RPM's are at. I don't have a way to check that. :)
Rich - I ride every weekend and the bike has only been out 7 times. Its still almost new.

• Indy_WR450

Posted December 12, 2003 - 02:57 PM

The best way is to buy a $100. timing light (strobe). But if you are not able to get your hands on it. I use my panoram computer to check the idle occasionally so the bike will run at 6 mph (with stock sprockets 14/50) on a flat paved road with no throttle. That will be very close. It will not stall unless you go up a hill. The WR450 will run in first gear without stalling if the idle is set right on a paved road. :)

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.