Dual-Filament Taillight bulb

3 replies to this topic
  • Naru

Posted December 10, 2003 - 11:28 PM

I've been running with a not-entirely-legal brakelight only setup on my street-legal XR650R for a bit now, and I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions to turn the stock taillight into a dual-filament setup. I'm running the Trick Dual Sport Kit, so the wires are there. Just need to find a bulb or socket setup that will fit in the original housing. Thanks everyone.

• chicken

Posted December 11, 2003 - 05:26 AM

Four strokes only will set you up. They have all of the trick parts to make the bike "really" legal.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Big_D

Posted December 13, 2003 - 09:59 AM

I took the socket from a street bike turnsignal (1152 bulb I think) and sqeezed it under the stock lens with a super bright LED tail light that draws minimal power. I got the socket from the pieces and parts I kept from the wreckage of a tip over with a street bike, but a dealer will probably cary cheap aftermarket signals from Lockhart Phillips or others. Just make sure you get a three wire socket, and that the combo will fit in under the lens. :)

• Naru

Posted December 13, 2003 - 10:50 AM

Hey, that doesn't sound like a bad idea. I'll give that a try. Thanks for the suggestion. :)

I also called FourStrokesOnly, and they have a full lens and plug replacement for about $25. For anyone looking to do it the completely sano way, sounds like the way to go. And on a side note, they are an incredibly nice company to work with if your unsure of anything. Spent about 20 minutes on the phone with them asking questions, before I said I even wanted to order anything. Just thought I'd share. :D

Related Content

Forums
Photo
Washington

Cle Elum Sunday 5/29: Looking for dual sport tips by TigerTanker

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   Northwest
  • Hot  32 replies
Forums
Photo

93 xr650l Restoration Project by Zigster

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 17 replies
Reviews

Honda XR650L 2017 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

XR650L super moto wheels by greggkklee

• Hot  28 replies
Forums
Photo

ignitech programmable XR650L CDI by brianhare

• Hot  60 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.