2010 yz450f

4 replies to this topic
  • scott elverud

Posted May 25, 2013 - 04:08 PM

Hard starting when up in the woods is it valve timing or could it be something else

• BBrown626

Posted May 25, 2013 - 07:02 PM

Hard starting when up in the woods is it valve timing or could it be something else

Technique?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • kiwikawa

Posted May 26, 2013 - 02:18 AM

I have had this happen to me (2011 model) every now and again in the woods. I have just done all new valves and piston at 66 and valves at 77 hours

i have the technicque correct but it will just not fire, so i hold the throttel at "full open" and kick it 3 - 4 times, then let the throttel go "closed" and it will fire up on the first kick.

This is what i have found that works for me when i cant get the bike to start when in the woods.

• zombiekillr.45

Posted May 31, 2013 - 07:45 AM

Hi there I own a 2010 yz 450 I am 5 ' 11'' and 170 lbs the only reason I mention my weight and height is im no big guy. I noticed this issue also the first ride ever on my yz but with a solid day of riding and feeling the best spot to throw all I got at the kick start she fires 1-2 kicks every time,I believe Yamaha has a video on proper kicking technique check it out helped me a lil

• scott elverud

Posted May 31, 2013 - 10:07 AM

Thanks zombie that might help

Related Content

Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.