Riding position

4 replies to this topic
  • Jellsta

Posted May 24, 2013 - 01:47 AM

Hi I am a tall lad 6'4 and have a yz450f, i have fitted Fastway footpegs with the low boy mount and am using Renthal rc high bar with a set of bar risers, i just don't seem to be comfortable whilst standing and it feels as though i am not im complete control of the bike. is there anything else i could try to get the feeling right whilst riding.?

• meanxr

Posted May 24, 2013 - 04:31 AM

What position are your bar clamps? You have the option of moving them to the most forward set mounting holes. The clamps also have an offset, which you can turn around,moving the bars forward also.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • grayracer513

Posted May 24, 2013 - 06:22 AM

The Carmichael High bar is higher than stock, of course, but it doesn't move the riders hands very far forward, if at all. The Windham/RM High bend does move the hands forward as well as up, and IMO, are much more comfortable for most taller riders. My 6'4" son had these on his YZ450 and he was very happy with them.

• JLB943

Posted May 24, 2013 - 09:11 AM

I am roughly the same height as you. I went with the fastway low boy pegs and pro taper kx high bend bars. After playing around with my bars, I found that rolled one mark back gave me the best comfort vs fatigue. How are you standing on the bike? I used to stand too straight and not in the attack position. This made standing up feel not as controlled.

Edited by JLB943, May 24, 2013 - 09:12 AM.

• Jellsta

Posted May 24, 2013 - 07:10 PM

[color=#282828]meanxr not sure what your are referring to when you say What position are your bar clamps? They are fixed and i can not change them or move them to the most forward set mounting holes. I am standing in the attack position JLB943 but it just does not feel comfortable all the time, are you using riser on your clamps or just standard mounts?[/color]

Edited by Jellsta, May 24, 2013 - 07:11 PM.

Related Content

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies

100 hrs on 2014 yz450f, shim valves or replace them? by ttr230rider6

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  79 replies

Chubby dad, looking at bikes , First trip to the orange/black forum ! by Slow_ride

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250-530 EXC/MXC/SXC/XC-W/XCR-W (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  28 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.