CRF 450

2 replies to this topic
  • rmarion

Posted November 28, 2001 - 04:47 PM

YZers

Let me here it from the guys that have rode one?

Is it worth switching?

I rode one in the Dez, but not on a track.

It's time to get rid of my 99er, I love the hit of the YZ, but?

What do you think?

2000 YZ 250
1999 YZ 400
99 YZ 80
95 RM 125
LT 80
to many kids?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Odie

Posted November 28, 2001 - 05:36 PM

I rode one. It was a nice bike. I initially wasn't crazy about the handling. But that's cause I wasn't use to it and I rode it like a &%$#@! (didn't wannna dump the guys pride & joy). After I rode it the second time, I settled in and really liked it. It starts easy (not as easy as I've read), is much lighter (that's only noticed when you put them on stands) and its build quality is top notch. Overall a very very nice ride. Do I like it better than my 00'426 - hell no - the CRF doesn't have that arm jerking hit. Nor does it's suspension feel as good as mine. Do I feel the urge to sell my 00' just to get a newer thumper - yeah, another blue one. Honestly - the CRF is a nice bike, but for me, the YZ is better. A lot of people are attracted to the Honda just because it's the newest one - most of them won't admit to that - but there out there. Now that I said that - a bunch of Honda dudes are gonna jump my ass. Settle down Honda guys, I said it was a nice ride. Anyway - you'll have to ride one and see for yourself if you could justify selling you 99'400 to get the 450. I can't.

Later,
Odie

[ November 28, 2001: Message edited by: Odie ]

• XyzGuy

Posted November 28, 2001 - 07:57 PM

I own a 2000 426 and am just getting broke in on my new 450. I think they are very different bikes. My YZ is a "ground poundin', rock spittin' bull in a china closet", with a mean mid range hit. Whereas the 450 is a "metered, mild mannerd business man in a tie", with power bottom to top. Which one is better? It's hard to say, the 450 is lighter, starts way easier, is easier for me to pound laps on and probably is the future... but my YZ sure has character. I love my bull!!!

Related Content

Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies
Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.