Maine

Maine powerlines? Is that illegal.

2 replies to this topic
  • drewbabich

Posted May 21, 2013 - 06:50 AM

So central maine power just did a wonderful job clear cutting the powerlines in southern maine. I live boardering the powerlines and it would make a great place to go for some quick laps every once in a while.

Someone cut a bushwacked trail with a pushmower on the lowest setting and they have ben riding a mountain bike on it, but I'm thinking I'll get into legal trouble with a loud dirtbike on it. I know farther north in eliot (most sourthern town in Maine) people ride snowmobiles on the power lines.

I'm not sure if thats legal either though.

Anybody have any experience or advice on riding on the central maine power lines?

Edited by drewbabich, May 21, 2013 - 06:52 AM.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • 03YZ85

Posted May 21, 2013 - 08:32 AM

Are there signs posted? Here in IL the local power company has signs posted no motorized vehicles but people still ride anyway

Rob

• Thewayshegoes

Posted June 02, 2013 - 04:34 PM

I ride powerlines all over the state. You will be fine

Related Content

Where 2 Ride

Ridlon Rd

Ridlon Road, Berwick, ME 03901, USA

Where 2 Ride

Canton Trail Riders Park and Ride

151-225 Maine 140, Canton, ME 04221, USA

Where 2 Ride

Hollis Center

24-32 Old Limerick Road, Hollis Center, ME 04042, USA

Forums
Photo

The Tator's '94 Husky 610 Overhaul/Rebuild *pics* by Agitator

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Husqvarna   Husqvarna 4-Stroke
  • Hot  246 replies
Forums
Photo
Maine

Coastal camping in Maine by unimog

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   Northeast
  • 0 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.