rear shock sock??

5 replies to this topic
  • PismoRat

Posted December 09, 2003 - 11:35 PM


On my 600, I run a big Bridgestone Gritty tire in the rear, the stock mud flap thing always flaps into it so I removed it. It is also especially bad when I run my paddle tire out at the dunes. I heard there is something called a "shock sock" to help protect the shock from debris getting kicked up by the tire, anyone know about these and where I can get them? :)

  • BWB63

Posted December 10, 2003 - 07:32 AM


I got mine at Chaparral it's not the origanal shock sock from back when but, when I am home I'll see if I still have the part number. Mine is called outer wear I think. For a CR500. works great and you can put it on with the bike together (velcro)


Posted December 10, 2003 - 07:37 PM


yeah I,ve got one on mine because of the tera flex

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • PismoRat

Posted December 10, 2003 - 11:48 PM


So lewisclan, is your an 'outer wear' too from Chaparrel? Do they have a website or something, I like the velcro idea so I won't have to disassemble anything. Thanks. :)

  • qadsan

Posted December 11, 2003 - 08:47 AM


Outerwears became popular for their pre-filters, but now they have other goodies like shock socks, etc. Here's their link and their products are sold at a discount through many dealers.


Posted December 14, 2003 - 11:51 AM


Yeah it go's over the shock spring , you wont need to take any thing apart . maybe 2min install

Related Content


Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.