? for F-Piolt

4 replies to this topic
  • FOX426

Posted November 28, 2001 - 04:35 AM

F-Piolt I noticed from researching past post that you have used both 50t rear sprocket and a51T. Please give me some input.

• F-Pilot

Posted November 28, 2001 - 02:32 PM

Currently running a 51, thinking I preferred the 50 because on a couple tracks I seem to be revving the bike more than I normally do. It does chug along better on tight trails with the 51. I'll be going back to the 50 when this one wears out.
The problem I had with the stock 49 was too tall first gear for trails and on tight tracks I would drop to first gear in 180 turns and sometime hit neutral on my upshift out of the turn causing me to almost endo on the following jump.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • FOX426

Posted November 30, 2001 - 04:38 AM

Thanks for reply. I'm leaning towards the 51T because of extra snap and while I do have to get in 5th on a couple of straits, even with the 52 I do not top it out. Guess I'm just slow. By the way I like your Pictures. Is that a Renthal gold aluminum sprocket your using? How do they hold up?

• m2g4b

Posted November 30, 2001 - 12:09 PM

Hey there, sorry to butt in but I also run a 51 on my bike. I run a couple of tracks here, one being long and one very tight. the 51 works very well for me, it definately has the "snap" out of the corner and I usually dont go down lower than 2nd gear. I also do some trail riding and it is wonderful when in the trees. On the long track I still can get all the speed I want on the straights... just my thoughts.

• F-Pilot

Posted November 30, 2001 - 06:12 PM

Yes it's a Renthal but not gold.
I don't think they last much longer than any others, about 3-6 months.
Steel are the only ones that really last a long time but I've never tried the new stainless sidewinder so that may be an option to consider. They are $$$$ though.

Related Content

Need help by Goforaride

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  68 replies

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply

yz400f throttle bog by yz400fmaniac

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  28 replies

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  106 replies

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.