2007 Dual Sport Kit

9 replies to this topic
  • quietoscar

Posted May 16, 2013 - 12:39 PM

I am installing a dual sport kit and have to remove the cover to get to the stater so that it can be modified. I have removed all the bolts that I can find but still can get it off. I was told that there is a magnet inside thats holding it but I cant seem to get it loose. Please help..what am I missing?

• William1

Posted May 16, 2013 - 12:50 PM

The magnets on the flywheel 'pull' the stator cover on somewhat.

You opened the little cover and remove the starter gears, right?

Notice little cover #14 and the screw that is inside, #13?

Attached Thumbnails

• 12882_crankcasecover1.gif

• quietoscar

Posted May 16, 2013 - 01:12 PM

Yep..got the little cover open, removed the starter gears and the screw inside, I think there were 3 others that I took out? Just cant get it to budge

• quietoscar

Posted May 16, 2013 - 01:29 PM

Actually it was 7 other screws around the cover...2 from the starter gear cover and the 1 inside the gear cover

• KennyMc

Posted May 16, 2013 - 03:27 PM

There are 3 screws inside that I believe you need to remove.

Attached Thumbnails

• Stator.gif

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • quietoscar

Posted May 17, 2013 - 05:16 AM

Thank you..I will try and look for them..I removed 7 screws around the outside, two on the cover and the one inside for a total of 10, just cant budge it. Does the magnet wire need to be disconnected as well?

• KennyMc

Posted May 17, 2013 - 06:07 AM

Do you have the manual? There is a sticky on this forum that has the manual in a PDF form that you can download to your computer desktop. Comes in real handy. That's what I did even though I also have the hard copy.
It's under the "Performance Index" sticky above.

Edited by kenshaw720, May 17, 2013 - 06:10 AM.

• quietoscar

Posted May 17, 2013 - 06:14 AM

Thank you..I do have the manual and thought I had everything disconnected properly but maybe not. I will look again.

• quietoscar

Posted May 17, 2013 - 11:09 AM

Success!! Thank you for your help!

• KennyMc

Posted May 17, 2013 - 01:51 PM

Success!! Thank you for your help!

Which one were you "missing"? A helpful reminder. When you put back your stator, make sure to tuck the wires back behind the bracket. From what I hear :devil: if you don't, about 6 months later, somewhere deep within the Kennedy Meadows trail system, the flywheel can eventually rub through the wires :banghead: and your bike will cough, sputter and stop running. :cry:

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.