Just getting sloppier and sloppier...

10 replies to this topic
  • TORTURECHAMBERS

Posted December 09, 2003 - 09:33 AM

Took the BRP L out for a dual-sport ride on Sunday and hooked up with some hardcore guys in the hills above the North Shore of Oahu. It rained hard. I'm talking pounding, thunder and lightning, flash flood conditions! All the water falls were pumping overtime!

Anyway, we had a group of 10 and proceeded into some really nasty off-camber log and root infested trails. They all had their regular trail bikes. The group turned into 5 of us after a couple particularly nasty trails. From there we pounded out mile after mile of absolutely disgusting trail. Towards the end of the day I was starting to feel the effects of riding the BRP in brutal conditions. We finally hit the end of the last trail around 5:30pm but one of the riders ran out of gas back in the trail. After he was retrieved I hit the long road home. I topped off the stock tank right before we hit the trails and I still hit reserve. That was a lot of trails in those conditions!

It was brutal but the BRP came thru with flying colors again. I run extremely low air in my tires and that makes all the difference. To be honest, I was concerned that this would be the day I found my limits with the BRP. In fact, there was a couple places that the bike should of made me suffer but it did great. I'm so impressed with this bike. I'm still kinda in shock that I went thru that sh*t on the BRP... :) :D

• needsprayer

Posted December 09, 2003 - 11:23 AM

It's the rider and you are DA MAN. :D

Do you remember when we talked long ago on TT and I said that I wanted to ride my BRP ® in your environment and you said "No Way"?

Well, you are probably right. I doubt if I could handle your environment, however the BRP can. :)

Now how about a picture of the BRP (L) traversing those huge rocks. :D

• TORTURECHAMBERS

Posted December 09, 2003 - 12:00 PM

Do you remember when we talked long ago on TT and I said that I wanted to ride my BRP ® in your environment and you said "No Way"?

I stand corrected. :D I never would imagine clearing some of the obstacles I did on Sunday. I'm still thinking it wasn't real but my body is telling me otherwise! I think the motor on this bike is what makes it go. Keeping it upright and straight is easier with the tractor like power. Some things the bike did just blows my mind. There was this steep, slippery, up-hill off-camber log that had a pile of roots right after it that the bike tracked right up. Nobody made that but the BRP. I sat up there thinking holy sh*t! I'm soooo happy I made that cause I woulda busted a nut carrying up that hill... Another section was in a trail I cut that has a long run of off-camber, angled roots. If you can stay high you push less. If you slide down, you're screwed and you pay dearly. I lucked out and stayed high.

I'm just very stoked the bike did what it did but now I'm thinking the limit is going to be somewhere in the most horrible places. There I will pay some serious taxes... :)

• qadsan

Posted December 09, 2003 - 03:29 PM

...but now I'm thinking the limit is going to be somewhere in the most horrible places. There I will pay some serious taxes...

How much worse can it get? Some of your pics already look insane and I'm sure they look even crazier in person. Have you done the wall of death (or whatever its called) on your XR650L yet? I'd like to see someone wheelie their BRP across that wall? When Sadam or Bin Laden is caught, we should have them tied to the back of your BRP so you could drag them around those most horrible places for a few hours of pure torture :).

• xr650Lroostnya

Posted December 09, 2003 - 05:04 PM

I would like to see some of these pictures!!! :)

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • TORTURECHAMBERS

Posted December 09, 2003 - 05:09 PM

I would like to see some of these pictures!!! :)

Click here and picture everything drenched... :D

• xr650Lroostnya

Posted December 09, 2003 - 07:24 PM

WOW thats some knarly stuff!!!! :) :D :D

• Rusty_2

Posted December 09, 2003 - 10:27 PM

but now I'm thinking the limit is going to be somewhere in the most horrible places. There I will pay some serious taxes...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

How much worse can it get? Some of your pics already look insane and I'm sure they look even crazier in person. Have you done the wall of death (or whatever its called) on your XR650L yet? I'd like to see someone wheelie their BRP across that wall?

My thoughts exactly qadsan!

Geez Torture, unless you plan on entering an observed trials competition I'd say you can pretty much sit back and say you and that L have conquered MOTHER EARTH!!! :D

I bought my XR400 because I felt like my 650L was too tall and heavy for me when things got really nasty in the steep mountains of WV's Hatfield/McCoy country........You make me downright ashamed of myself man. :) :D

• EM_rider

Posted December 10, 2003 - 09:09 AM

TC, keep us posted on when you update your pics. Those are outstanding.

I assume you've ridden all this stuff on something other than your BRP? What is your other ride and how does it compare with the BRP in this terrain?

• big t

Posted December 10, 2003 - 09:13 AM

I don't even know what to say! :) :D

• TORTURECHAMBERS

Posted December 10, 2003 - 09:23 AM

I assume you've ridden all this stuff on something other than your BRP? What is your other ride
and how does it compare with the BRP in this terrain?

I ride whatever. I'm not brand loyal at all. Right now I have a 01 TM125 and a 03 GAS GAS250
I use just to pack my girlfriend. That's fun too!
She likes it and it's a great way to spend quality time... :)

Posted Image

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.