04 450 fork bump stops?

4 replies to this topic
  • gbalias

Posted May 16, 2013 - 09:53 AM

i imagine most years interchange but are the actual bump stops sold as a part of the spring guide or something along with the nylon washer? i cant find just the stops in any fische.

im rebuilding my buddies forks and the stops are dry rotted and cracking/broken

• grayracer513

Posted May 16, 2013 - 11:05 AM

The '04 YZ450 used a 48mm open bath fork, which used oil locks for bottoming, and had no soft bumpers at the top of the fork. Do you inner tubes measure 46mm, perhaps?* If so, the bumpers are sold under KYB part number 110130000401. The '04 WR450 used the 46mm fork from the '03 YZ, and had these bumpers in them.

* Another visual clue is that the 46's will have a top cap that has a 19mm hex on a flat surface, while on the 48's the hex sits in a slight recess on the cap.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • gbalias

Posted May 16, 2013 - 01:32 PM

Ah....correction....it is an 03....in which case that may be why i didnt see anything on the 04 Fische. Thanks.....ill look into it

• grayracer513

Posted May 16, 2013 - 03:39 PM

If Yamaha doesn't sell them, SMART Performance and Suspension Direct will.

• gbalias

Posted May 17, 2013 - 03:03 PM

yamaha has em at the dealer order only. so we'll just get them from online.

thanks again gray

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.