Best Fitting WR450 Skid Plate

9 replies to this topic
  • ETP

Posted December 09, 2003 - 06:42 AM

Hi Guys,
I am looking for advice on aftermarket skid plates for my WR450. Which ones provide the best protection, mount easily, and do not interfere with oil change bolt access?
Any advice would be great.

• KentuckyWR

Posted December 09, 2003 - 03:02 PM

I just bought one from Flatland Racing.
It is very nicely made, easy to install, and seems to provide the same level of access to oil drain plugs and such.
Seems to hold up to abuse as well.
I like their radiator guards too!
:)

• AkRider

Posted December 09, 2003 - 11:49 PM

Flatland Racing all the way. They make great stuff. :)

• jim-in-so-ore

Posted December 10, 2003 - 07:01 AM

I don't know about best fit but I had the one from Utah Cycle Sports on my WR400 and now I have one of theirs on my WR450.It offers real good case protection and It has a drain hole in the bottom so you can change the oil without removal but I always do anyway just to remove trapped junk from between the engine and the skid plate. Also to clean it, as the breather hose on the left side oozes spooge onto the skidplate. They advertise in both Dirt Bike & Dirt Rider. Hope this helps.
Jim

• Dan_Lorenze

Posted December 10, 2003 - 10:07 AM

Posted Image

The Devol guard is perfect for me.. It's cheap, it fits perfect, it's light,it uses the stock mounting holes with no heavy clamps and offers great protection.... A total winner... :)

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • yam450

Posted December 10, 2003 - 05:29 PM

Wha did you give for the Devol?

• ETP

Posted December 11, 2003 - 12:16 PM

Thanks guys,
Looks like the Devol plate fits my needs. Where should I buy it?

• kurt505

Posted December 11, 2003 - 09:41 PM

I HAVE LOOKED ALL OVER FOR THE PLATE DAN HAS AND CANT FIND IT ANYWHERE. JUST THE PLANE ONES ANY HELP DAN THANKS :)

• RichBaker

Posted December 12, 2003 - 02:42 PM

Devol has a website, or I believe Parts Unlimited is the distributor for them. And the GYT-r plate is made by Devol, i'm guessing, because it looks identical...
Should be able to order one from any dealer or independent.

• Dan_Lorenze

Posted December 12, 2003 - 02:54 PM

I got the thing from my local dealer... He got if from either Parts unlimited or tucker rocky.... I think I paid 70 bones for it... It rocks!!!! Get it!!!!! :)

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.