WR450 2012 flywheel weight?

8 replies to this topic
  • Bucky77

Posted May 14, 2013 - 04:17 PM

I wrode my bike last weekend in some really tight trails and found that my bike likes to stall out it I tap the rear brake to bit too hard or lug it too low and catch a traction patch, something like that. I have messed with Rekluse clutches before and I don't want to get one, I relaly just want a bolt on flywheel weight maybe 9 or 10 oz. Anyone know where I can get one? I used to buy them from Stealthy, but I can't see my year and model on their site. Will any YZ450 stuff work?

• tomerb

Posted May 14, 2013 - 04:36 PM

What year are you talking about??

• Krannie McKranface

Posted May 14, 2013 - 06:42 PM

I wrode my bike last weekend in some really tight trails and found that my bike likes to stall out it I tap the rear brake to bit too hard or lug it too low and catch a traction patch, something like that. I have messed with Rekluse clutches before and I don't want to get one, I relaly just want a bolt on flywheel weight maybe 9 or 10 oz. Anyone know where I can get one? I used to buy them from Stealthy, but I can't see my year and model on their site. Will any YZ450 stuff work?

When the bike is fully broken in (15 hours on the bottom end and suspension) it will loosen up.
Mapping is KEY to getting throttle response clean and steady.
Call Trail Tech and Steahly about weights.

• Bucky77

Posted May 14, 2013 - 07:44 PM

Sorry, 2012 bike

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • bobpara

Posted May 15, 2013 - 12:05 PM

Bucky77: I have the same EXACT problem with my new (new to me) '06.....did you ever find a supplier for flywheel weights?

• bobpara

Posted May 15, 2013 - 12:28 PM

I tried trailtech and stealthy.......no dice.
if anyone finds a source pls let me know

• stewart_frank

Posted May 16, 2013 - 05:59 AM

I found this one. http://www.ebay.com/...d=140973064910

• bobpara

Posted May 16, 2013 - 11:49 AM

Wow, good find stewart, but I'd be afraid if the fitment.
They say it fits a 10 thru 13
I have an '06....

• stewart_frank

Posted May 16, 2013 - 02:19 PM

Oh sorry. Maybe GYRT has one for a 06. May have call the dealer.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.