Oil drain bolt .

2 replies to this topic
  • Stealth13

Posted May 13, 2013 - 06:13 AM

Finally got around to working on the bike after winter and did an oil change, the bolt on the left crank case had some metal shavings fall out. I tightened it by hand then gave it a small turn with the wrench. Will it be ok or think it will come loose and leak?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Hurky

Posted May 15, 2013 - 05:12 AM

Hi, the WR have helicoils in the drain threads so it's not that easy to wreck the thread on them, I suppose the metal shavings came from the transmission and not from the threat/bolt. "Smal turn" is relative, they don't need much force

• Drain bolt (crankcase right):
20 Nm (2.0 m · kg, 14 ft · lb)
• Drain bolt (crankcase left):
20 Nm (2.0 m · kg, 14 ft · lb)

I would reccomend you to get an magnet drain bolt that catches those metal shavings...

• bobpara

Posted May 15, 2013 - 12:00 PM

Although the magnet will do nothing to catch aluminum shavings, they are not magnetic.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.