Bearing retaining clip down cam chain tunnel

2 replies to this topic
  • lewis87

Posted May 13, 2013 - 03:20 AM

The bearing retaining clip on the exhaust camshaft has fallen down into my engine, how do I go about getting this out!? I imagine I'm going to have to take the engine out the frame and just take it apart? It went down where the cam chain is, where has it likely ended up?

I can't see it looking down and I tried my magnet on a stick but it is too big to go all the way down.

Thanks for any help

Edited by lewis87, May 13, 2013 - 03:30 AM.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • lewis87

Posted May 13, 2013 - 05:20 AM

Disaster averted. After much panic charging into the house and onto thumpertalk to make a thread, I did a search and people had said to remove the generator cover. I did this but couldn't see anything, but after poking around with my magnet in there I found the clip behind the flywheel.

Phew :ride:

Edited by lewis87, May 13, 2013 - 05:21 AM.

• William1

Posted May 13, 2013 - 12:18 PM

Next time, stuff a rag in the cam chain tunnel.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.