1989 xr600r question

2 replies to this topic
  • Bob_o

Posted December 08, 2003 - 05:40 PM

I found a 1989xr600r locally that a guy is selling. He says it only has 200 miles on it and is like new. How are they to ride? I currently have a 2000 yz426 but would like to get something to dual sport. I have ridden xr650r(s) both factory stock and uncorked. What would the comparison be? What would the value of this bike be if it is as said? Thanks for any feedback!!!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • big t

Posted December 08, 2003 - 05:50 PM

I would have a hard time believing it only had 200 miles on it. You should be able to tell if it has been ridden a lot though. I bought an 89 xr600 5 years ago and it had been ragged out. It turned into a money pit so I sold it. I don't know how they are on the street. I guess if you could get it cheap and it looked to be in good shape it would be all right. I just bought a xr650 and if feels quite a bit faster than the old 600 did and I haven't uncorked it yet.

• XR250rdr

Posted December 08, 2003 - 06:06 PM

All my friends that own or have owned XR600's say the XR650R rides far better on the road.

The 89XR6 has a funky exhaust too, which makes it hard to find replacement parts if the need or want arises.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

2015 XR650L Squeaking noise by Crayjay

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 3 replies
Reviews

Honda XR650L 2017 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

Post Apocalypse, ThumperTalk style! by Justin Pearson

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  35 replies
Forums
Photo

Wiseco 101MM Spark Knock Low Engine Temps by imandrewparks

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 8 replies
Wiki
Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L?  Here's how - last post by clc3251

Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L? Here's how

Articles
  • 1 reply

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.