426 SPRING RATES

4 replies to this topic
  • yzfguy

Posted November 26, 2001 - 04:36 PM

does anyone know what weight rider the stock 02 426 spring rates are for...

i weigh 190, and was told from a top suspension company (enzo) that i need stiffer springs.. .47 and 5.4..... any input??

• johnatbnsf

Posted November 26, 2001 - 05:31 PM

Stock for 01 was .46 and 5.4, I don't know about 02's. My weight is 210 and Race Tech recommed .48 and 5.4 for me. Works good for my level, I'am just starting to jump doubles. Sometimes the fork feel a little hard on the bottom even with gold valves and .48's.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • johnatbnsf

Posted November 26, 2001 - 05:32 PM

Stock for 01 was .46 and 5.4, I don't know about 02's. My weight is 210 and Race Tech recommed .48 and 5.4 for me. Works good for my level, I'am just starting to jump doubles. Sometimes the fork feel a little hard on the bottom even with gold valves and .48's.

• keith

Posted November 26, 2001 - 10:37 PM

if you go to race-tech web site, click on spring search. it asks weight, type of riding,skill level, etc. to select the correct spring rate. very helpful site. i have three bikes that have race tech suspension. they carry their own springs, and also eibach springs. good luck www.race-tech.com

• keith

Posted November 26, 2001 - 10:47 PM

i have a 2000 yzf,and i weigh 190 pounds, my forks are .45's and my shock is a 5.2

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.