Please HELP!

5 replies to this topic
  • Usghostkiller

Posted May 09, 2013 - 12:46 PM

So I have a 98yz400. I'm trying to find a part, but nobody can tell me what it is, and no schematic actually shows the piece I need. Called the Yamaha shop and the guy had no idea what I was talking about and said if its not in the layout then it can't be bought separately which I find hard to believe. Anyways it's on the throttle linkage side of the carb, and the bike won't run correctly without it. It is a small piece of plastic kind of shaped like a stretched u. It bolts on where the bolt goes through to hold onto the throttle linkage and its only job is to depress the actuator rod to the accelerator pump. There's no name for it in the book, and nobody can help. It sucks as I'm trying to sell the bike or trade it for a truck as I was in the military and now am disabled so I can not ride it anymore. I had a guy that was going to trade when I finished the carb rebuild as it sat for 7 years while I was gone. If anyone could please help it would be greatly appreciated. And sorry for such a long thread for such a simple question but I'm very frustrated and it seemed like a good idea until now. Lol thanks in advance

• William1

Posted May 09, 2013 - 01:05 PM

This is from a 2000 Suzuki DRZ, uses the same slant FCR. You need item #53 However, there was no listing for the item. So I suggest contacting Sudco
If you meant the plastic link, it is item #54 13490-29F10 - LINK LEVER, about $12.00 from the TT parts store.

Attached Thumbnails

• 2037_121.gif

• Usghostkiller

Posted May 09, 2013 - 01:58 PM

Awesome ! Thank you, I have no idea why I didn't just look through the carb layout itself.. Although now I'm very confused as I have the flat cr mx. Yet all exploded pics I look at it shows 2 different link levers and Ive always had only 1?? Plus it also shows that the actuator rod it depresses is straight then goes to 2 90deg bends continuing vertically. And mine just has a single 90deg bend.. Will this matter?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Usghostkiller

Posted May 09, 2013 - 02:00 PM

The manufacturers carb layout us what I meant.. Lol

• grayracer513

Posted May 09, 2013 - 02:52 PM

You would have been disappointed. The Yamaha fiche doesn't list it.

Former Marine?

• Usghostkiller

Posted May 10, 2013 - 04:28 AM

Was in the army, as an explosives engineer. Yea this piece is crazy. Wish I still had both pieces of the broken one.. It would make fabricating one much easier

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies
Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.